Sunday 9 December 2012

Fanfiction Favourites

Fanfiction Favourites - Sherlock Edition

lolakelley.deviantart.com
I've been reading far too many fanfics of late and so to ease my guilty conscience ("stop fucking procrastinating" it whispers for the hundredth time) I thought I'd share with you my personal favourites.I thought I might make this a regular thing (because personally I love fic recs) and so for now I'm going to focus on my favourite fandom in terms of shipping; Sherlock!

DISCLAIMERS

a) I'm (of course) very fandom and pairing biased, and I know different people draw the line in different places when it comes to what they want to read about. So you won't see any non-consensual sex featured in the works below because personally I don't think that's something we should romanticise.
b) a lot of these works feature, er, mature sexy times, and I should probably give some kind of warning that if you read about anal sex and you're under eighteen your brain will explode. I don't think it will, but now you can't say I haven't warned you.

So in no particular order let's proceed;

A Cure for Boredom by EmmaGrant01
Possibly my favourite fic, sex is blended perfectly with scenes showing real character and love, as well as a truly engrossing plot.

The Blog of Eugenia Watson by Mad_Lori
Sherlock has never been more endearing than here, the story opening up a wonderful window into both the mundane and mysterious parts of the Watson-Holmes' family life

A Mile in His Shoes by Determamfidd
I do love a good body swap and this is my favourite from those I've read for the Sherlock fandom. The scene with Mycroft near the end is especially hilarious

petrisblogofjohnlockfluff.tumblr.com
The Adventure of the Consulting Woman by DancingGrimm
This one is a bit of a guilty pleasure, but I do always find the image of Sherlock crossdressig very intriguing...

The Art of Seduction series by flawedamythyst
If you want a bit of smuttyness, but are equally interested in some crack and a brilliant plot then this is the one for you

Catch as Catch Can by perevision
 Sherlock is forced to confront pop culture; fun to see how the consulting detective feels about some of the things I love so much

A Silver Sixpence by _doodle
So lovely, this seems to me like the way Sherlock and John could get together in the show, if they ver actually do!


No comments:

Post a Comment